David Reid Homes Tamworth
Interview With David Reid Homes Tamworth
Kieron Rohrlach and Phillip Poulsen, owners and directors of David Reid Homes Tamworth have been with us since 2014. They have been Franchisee of the year for the past 2 years now and set an incredible standard for other builders to meet. For our David Reid Homes Design Magazine 2020, we interviewed Kieron and
Phillip about building and David Reid Homes. Please keep reading to see what they said!
1. Tell us a bit about yourself, what inspired you to become a builder? Have you always had a passion for building homes?I have wanted to be a builder since I was 10 years old, I think spending time on building sites with my father inspired me to be a builder. I developed an interest in making things, very early as a child and my passion has only increased since then. Later in life as a young man, I started my career alongside Phillip as a custom home builder, and seeing our clients’ dreams and ideas come to reality through us is extremely satisfying.
2. The building industry in the Tamworth region is highly competitive, yet your company stands out as one of the leading residential builders in the area! Do you think David Reid Homes has made the difference for you?Phil and I believe that the David Reid Homes systems and of course name helped us a lot starting out in Tamworth. giving people confidence in choosing us to build their home, as we know building a new home is one of the biggest financial and emotional undertakings most people will achieve in their lives.
3. What is it about David Reid Home’s systems and resources that give you an edge?The systems i.e BuildXact and HazardCo give us a clear advantage over conventional scheduling and managing processes. Allowing us to manage quality and timelines of more jobs overall increasing our productivity as a company. The pre-done client letters, specifications, plans, etc, also create a great starting point for us to alter to fit our local area, market, and personal preferences when it comes to the exact construction process.
4. Is there a particular type of customer that you find your business suits more than any other? first home buyers, retirees, young families?Our market in Tamworth is smaller than some of our city franchises. So, I’ve found that we cater to everyone, from helping a first home buyer get their foot in the door, all the way up to people building their final home possibly their 3rd or 4th build, and everyone in between. Ideally, we would like to get more of the bigger custom designed homes in the future.
5. As a specialist luxury home builder, experience counts. What is the most important thing that you have learned about satisfying and exceeding your customer’s expectations?Communication is key when it comes to a satisfied client. Be honest about inclusions, allowances, and timelines and if something delays the progress of their home build. Be upfront and tell them straight away. One thing I’ve learned is that clients that are in the dark about what’s happening are a lot more likely to be unsatisfied at the end. Educate and inform them at every opportunity. As I said before you must remember it’s not just a job to your client it’s their home maybe even their dream home. So, take care of them and they will sing your praises to everyone they know.
6. With so many uniquely designed homes tailored to people’s dreams, how do you guide your customers through the experience to make it all fit together in a successful project?That’s the big question. A lot goes into custom design and construction. Again, we are honest and constantly educating our clients right from the first time we meet them, right up until we’ve handed them the keys and provided information on how we support them after they’ve moved in. I have letters and pamphlets telling our clients step by step what will be happening next all the way through the build. This combined with our draftspeople, quality trades, and suppliers all play their part in a successful build. Another thing we do in Tamworth is every one of our clients gets an interior design consultant during the approval stage before we start on-site and all the selections from the ground up and inside are signed off and presented as part of the documentation. This speeds up ordering and alleviates confusion about what allowances or products were included.
7. What is the most important advice that you would give to someone considering building their luxury dream home?I always tell people the first time we meet, and before even talking about ‘how much’. Make sure your builder is upfront and clear about inclusions, costs, and timelines from the start. Make sure you are indeed comparing apples to apples. Also, pick a builder you can trust and ‘get along’ with because building a new home, especially a custom luxury home is a journey and you will want someone that you are compatible with to take that journey with you.
If you would like to build a home with David Reid Homes Tamworth or anywhere else in Australia, please contact us at email@example.com or give us a call on 1800 095 949!