We are excited to announce that we are one of the major sponsors for the ‘100ks to Utopia’ Fundraiser! This event is a 100km horse ride from Hervey Bay to Utopia Falls in Mt Walsh National Park organised by Jussy Lindenburg and Tammy Farrell to raise money and awareness for Multiple Sclerosis (MS). This event will be held on the 14th – 17th of August this year. Jussy and Tammy will be riding 100km over 4 days, stopping in the local towns to spread awareness for MS and will spend each night camping under the stars with their four-legged companions!MS is very near and dear to Jussy and Tammy’s hearts. Tammy’s mother-in-law was diagnosed in 1999, and in 2012 Jussy was diagnosed with the illness. On Australia Day in 2019, she went blind due to MS Progression. Throughout this time, Jussy has endeavored to make the everyday count – She is a mum, works part-time with David Reid Homes Fraser Coast and has even started a podcast called “Everything Fraser Coast“, which is a lighthearted and positive podcast exploring everyone and everything Fraser Coast! Multiple Sclerosis (MS) is a chronic illness involving your central nervous system. The immune system attacks the protective layer around nerve fibers. This causes inflammation and scar tissue, or lesions. This can make it hard for your brain to send signals to the rest of your body. Unfortunately, there is currently no cure.
Here are some facts about MS:
- There are currently more than 23,000 Australians living with MS (over 3,700 Queenslanders).
- On average, more than 10 Australians are diagnosed with MS every week.
- 3 out of 4 Queenslanders living with MS are women.
- The annual cost of MS to individuals and the Australian community is over $1 billion.
- There is a 4% increase in the number of people diagnosed with MS each year.
- Raising Awareness of MS
- Raising $20 000 for MSQ – to go towards finding a cure and helping people living with MS
- Put a spotlight on the Fraser Coast
Please get behind this amazing cause and help to give back.