- June 10, 2017
- Posted by: David Reid Homes
- Category: Custom Home Builders, David Reid Homes Australasia, Luxury Home Builders
Why a New Home Builders’ Checklist?
Your dream home will be one of the biggest investments you’ll ever make, and choosing the right new home builders will mean it’s an exciting and rewarding experience. On the surface it may be hard to differentiate one builder from the next. Using our New Home Builders’ Check List will make it easy to gather information and compare offerings from builders in your area, and help you make the right choice the first time. Ask your David Reid Homes Consultant for the full comprehensive checklist to ensure the specifications of your home are everything you want.
Here’s what you should cover:
- Is the builder supported by a quality national brand that has been around for over 10 years?
- Are your new home builders among Australia’s most awarded group?
- Is your builder a local builder with local knowledge?
- Will the builder offer a complimentary building site visit during the planning of your home?
- Is the builder a Housing Industry Australia member or Master Builder Association member?
- Do your new home builders use market-leading Australian based manufacturers and suppliers?
- Does the builder use quality local subcontractors?
- Will the builder provide you with a fixed price contract, with any provisional sums sufficient for the quality you expect?
- Does the builder have a process to keep you fully informed through the building experience?
- Can your home builder help you from initial design to a complete turnkey solution?
- Does your builder allow you to make changes to standard plans?
- Will you be the main focus of your builder?
Consider the difference these points make. Check out this testimonial from Sam & Carla Brewer:
We chose to build with David Reid Homes because of their competitive price and quality fixtures that were included.
We were able to build a home to suit our young family and our love for entertaining.
We were given more than enough choices so that our home could reflect our personality and differ from others.
We found Ben to be very professional, approachable and knowledgeable when it came to our house plan and what inclusions would work for our home. We are definitely pleased with the finished product and would have no hesitation in recommending Ben or any other or in the future building another home with David Reid Homes.